Every week, we have Shabbat School for children ages 5-12 at 9am on Saturday mornings. Ages 5-7 meet in the little Conference room and ages 8-12 meet in the Dance Alcove - it mysteriously becomes a classroom with walls...and chairs...
Nursery care is provided each week for ages 0-4.
Also on Saturdays, the children (5-12) have a class during service after the Torah is processed. When the Torah scroll is brought out, the children line up behind it and follow it around the room. This is a symbol of when the Children of Israel followed the Ark of the Covenant, which contained the tablets, in the desert. It also gives them a picture of following G-d's Word in their lives and not straying from it to the right or to the left. Then the rabbi blesses the children and the whole congregation stretches forth their hands to pray for them. We strongly believe in praying for the upcoming generation to st
Sign up for our second Brit Ahm Kid's Day Camp from August 1st through the 3rd! (For ages 4-12)
Last year, we enjoyed learning about missionaries and their experiences in different countries around the world. This year, we're going to learn about the Word of G-d that stands forever! Join us "In the Garden" and learn about seeds, fruit, veggies, bugs, and more!
The children will visit different station with their age groups (like a VBS) for 3 days, like crafts, games, Bible study, and worship. Click the picture at the top of this page to register today!
On the last Tuesday of each month, we have Treasure Box Night. For all those who have recited Memory Verses at some point during that month, they earn credit to receive a prize. On Treasure Box Night, they get their prize. We believe this has motivated our children to learn G-d's Word in a fun way!
Use these resources at home to encourage your children's desire for the Word of G-d.
(Whole verse for ages 8-12 - Underlined portion for ages 5-7) All Scriptures are from the Tree of Life Version.
1. Bamidbar (5/27-6/2) - Ephesians 6:10 TLV "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power."
2. Naso (6/3-6/9) - Numbers 6:24 TLV "ADONAI bless you and keep you."
3. Beha'alotcha (6/10-6/16)
4. Sh'lach-Lecha (6/17-6/23)
5. Korach (6/24-6/30)
6. Chukat (7/1-7/7)
7. Balak (7/8-7/14)
8. Pinchas (7/15-7/21)
9. Matot-Masei (7/22-7/28)
1. Our Motto: Read it! Write it! Say it! Sing it! Pray it!
2. Puzzle - write phrases or words of the verse onto pieces of paper cut to look like puzzle pieces and have your child put them together.
3. Hide 'N Seek - hide portions or words of the verse in different places of a room or house and have your child find them and then put them in order.
4. Memory Ball - sit in a circle together on the floor and use a ball to roll back and forth. Each time someone gets the ball, they say a part of the verse. Keep passing the ball until the verse is finished.
5. Script-ionary - draw pictures to depict the verse (if there's enough imagery in the verse.) Have your child guess what it is. Or have your child draw the pictures and have you guess.
6. Bible Drill - practice locating the verse in your bible. Try to get faster and faster. Use this to locate other verses or passages. Works for books of the Bible too.
7. Sing Along - turn the words of the verse into a song, or use a melody to make a parody!
8. Mystery Voice - record a friend saying the verse and play it for your child to guess who it is.
9. Silly Voice - practice saying the verse in a silly voice. Use different voices for different verses.